This area will be used to store information for Western faculty about using Blackboard Collaborate in the classroom. You can post questions here and I will continue to add information, documents and updates.
The Blackboard Collaborate Instructor Training document is a PDF you can download. It includes:
- Tips for getting started
- How to use your Student Account
- Tips for using Collaborate
- Learning Strategies and Suggestions for Collaborate
This is a great resource I used for the learning strategy section: http://teaching.uncc.edu/instructional-methods/best-practices-summary
- Links to the Blackboard Collaborate “How to”/Help sections on each tool. Many of these tools include videos.
Intro Videos for Students
The following videos were created to introduce students to the Collaborate platform.
- Blackboard Collaborate Intro for Students https://youtu.be/S96sQBhTvRQ
- Blackboard Collaborate – Communicating With Your Classmates https://youtu.be/APtgxX1cRHs
- Blackboard Collaborate – Participating in Classroom Learning Activities https://youtu.be/qzi3ImdHbeU
These videos are pretty rough so please provide me with suggestions on what else to include or if you have a better idea on how to create them!
Suggested Equipment List for Collaborate
Radio Shack Wireless Lapel Microphone System Model # 3201257
Cable to connect microphone system to computer
3.5mm Mono Male to 1/4 IN Mono Male – 6 FT
Classroom Microphone for class discussions
MXL AC404 USB Conference Microphone
Logitech c920 HD Pro Webcam
Amazon Basics 60” Tripod with case